Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday morning update

This should actually be the Monday night update but we got in a bit late. I went home Sunday night to see the kids, take care of some work stuff, get some things and ge back as quick as I could. By the time I got back last night and saw Maycee we were both too tired to blog. Anyway, Maycee had a fairly uneventful day. She was weaned a little more from her breathing machines but very little. Another day of rest for the most part. The big news of the day was that she finally had her first poopy diaper. Her respiratory tech kept saying that Maycee was dropping some serious bombs every time she checked on her and low and behold - poop. It's funny how you can get so excited about these things. I know that six months from now she is going to poop and Darcy is going to look at me and say it's my turn to change her and I won't be quite as excited as I am now but I will be very grateful.
On another note our other children are all doing very well. Haylee had her first volleyball road trip this past weekend and her team won both games. They are still undefeated on the season but have some big games coming up this weekend. Brady just finished the cross country running season at his school and was constantly pushing himself to get better. His work ethic in all he does surprises me at times and I am very proud of him. Brady and Jaron both start hockey in a few weeks so Miles Hansen took his kids and the boys to open skate on Saturday. Taegan, Miles's daughter, was worried that they would fall and get hurt. Jaron responded to her that it would be ok because they were wearing some of their gear and then he looked at Miles and said oh no - where's my cup. Gotta love that boy. Chloee continues to do well in kindergarten and is loving learning. On Monday they had to get their TB shot and Chloee does not do well with shots at all. She told us over the phone though that she would be brave. When she came home from school on Monday I was still at the house just getting ready to leave. She walked in and didn't say hi or anything she just took off her coat and showed me her bandaid where she got the shot. She was quite proud and so was I.

No comments: