Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 6: Good Morning

Shortly before I posted last night, the phone rang and it was the NICU. That's always scary, but our nurse, Ashley, wanted to give us Maycee's update. I had mentioned earlier that when we left the NICU last night, Maycee's oxygen levels weren't were we wanted them to be. Ashley called to tell us that our picky girl decided she wanted a different ventilator. After switching machines, her stats were back up to 100.

This morning came quickly as I really needed to use the pumps at the hospital (TMI I know), so I had Aaron call for an update. Maycee is now down to 90 percent on the machine and doing well so far. Let's pray those levels will hold and continue to improve, but something tells me this little girl has a strong mind of her own and she is taking us for quite the ride. We will post more tonight.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

First of all, congratulations on your beautiful little girl. Secondly, my prayers are with your family and your daughter as you get through this trial in your lives. I know there is a lot happening in your lives, but Heavenly Father knows your strengths. When I heard how things had gone on the day of Maycee's birth, our prayers were immediately with yours as we remembered getting the news about our beautiful grandson's struggle for life. Our Father in Heaven is wonderful and we believe that miracles happen all around us. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Mike and Barbara DenBoer

Kimmie Caldwell said...

Hey Family,

Great news to hear Maycee is continuing to improve. She is constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all. Give hugs and kisses to everyone. Also grandma larsen sends her love