Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OK. So I have been slacking on blogging but I do have a good excuse. By the time I get up in the morning to help get kids ready for school, go to work, hurry home to work on the house while having to have Jolee hang on me so that I don't vanish, check homework, make sure the kids are taken care of and then hopefully get them to bed on time I just don't feel like blogging. But here it is 6:40 in the morning and I am ready for the new day. Granted the new day started a few hours ago but anyways...
Maycee is doing great. She is completely off of the oxygen now and her feeding has improved to the point where they have not had to tube feed her lately. This is all great news because it means that they are working on the checklist of things she has to do to be able to come home. It looks like it could be as early as Friday but more likely sometime over the weekend. Darcy has to take a few parenting classes that are required by the NICU to get discharged. Seems a bit odd that they wait until your sixth kid to give you the parenting class. I am more curious if they have a parenting your teenager class but I am sure that's run by the mental health department.
With any luck come Monday we will be back to life as usual.
As a side note, Darcy has been told by some of the doctors and nurses that they are amazed at Maycee's recovery. A lot of kids that get PPHN as bad as she did will spend more than a month in the NICU. We know that her recovery was greatly helped by all of our family and friends praying for her and for that we are truly grateful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Talk about super Dad...you should get the award this year for sure :) So happy to hear Maycee is nearly ready to get out...I am sure it will be nice to have things back to normal. I think it's funny a mother of 6 children is being put into a parenting class. Sillyness. Have a wonderful day and thanks for the update!

Bobbi Mason said...

Love the comment about teenagers!

Dana said...

Oh that is such wonderful news!!!! I do hope you post lots of pictures of her homecoming when she gets there. And I agree it is such a mental job to raise a teenager, and mine doesn't turn 13 for another couple of weeks!!! Hang in there Aaron you are doing a wonderful job as dad!!!!

LA Law said...

Thanks for all of the updates. We are glad things are going well. Good luck being Super Dad.

Unknown said...

Your comments bring a smile to my heart. I always knew what a great man my Darcy married and you continue to confirm my belief. Grandma Pauline