Friday, October 10, 2008

Slow and Steady


Most of you know that we are in the incredibly huge process of having our dream house built. We had hoped to have the house "dried in" by now, but like most construction projects, there have been some hold ups. Our plumbers took 2 weeks to show up for the job, our trusses were delivered way behind schedule, and so it goes. These pics are from about a month ago, just after the main floor was framed. You can see the view of the lake from our family and dining rooms, Aaron's dream garage, and what the back or lake side of the house looks like. This is also when the weather was still relatively nice. Wish I could say the same today, but we got about an inch of snow IN the house today. I will try to get more recent pictures posted soon.

5 comments:

Smedley Family said...

Darcy, here is an info site for the boards. www.smedwakesurfing.com I think he has some already made, so I sent him an email. I don't know his prices though since they are custom made. But I'll definitely fill you in. Do you have an email address? If you send it to me via my blog, I'll delete your comment afterwards. It was a blast! Your husband would LOVE it!!!!

Smedley Family said...

BTW, your house looks HUGE! So exciting to live on a lake! We'll have to come visit when it's finished!!!

Dana said...

How does that work with building construction? YOu got snow in the house so how do you make sure nothing molds and all that when you are ready to put carpet down and all that? I know it would dry to some extent but what if there was mud and all that?

Anonymous said...

Your view is incredible!! I am so excited for you guys. Are you on hold now until spring? Looks like the house is going to be giant...I don't think I would be able to keep it clean. :)

jennywren said...

Your house looks awesome--I love seeing all the pictures and watch it coming along. I'm sure you get impatient, and I don't think I could stand building, but it's fun to watch you do it!