Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy 34 Aaron!!

Aaron crept one year closer to 40 on Friday when he turned 34! It seems like yesterday, we were going to prom, and now look at him; still as handsome as ever! Okay, that's my one cheesy comment for the post. I wish I could say that we had incredible plans to celebrate Aaron's big day, but as Young Women's president, I was in charge of decorating and setting up for a youth dance.  We spent five and a half hours stringing lights, taping decorations to the wall, and Aaron built me a 20 foot tall paper barn. The theme for the dance was "Boogie at the Barnyard". It turned out really cute and the kids had a great time, but I know Aaron would rather have been getting a massage and sitting in a hotel spa. Oh well. 

 
We officially celebrated his birthday on Saturday when, after getting our chores done, Aaron blew out his candles on the cake the kids made him and opened his birthday cards. The kids loved watching Aaron blow out the re-light candles on his cake. My parents came down to visit, so they were nice enough to watch the kids while we went out to dinner with the Ponds and Hansens. After dinner, we missed our planned movie so decided to go bowling. What a joke! Aaron has a bum elbow right now, so he had to bowl left handed! It was hilarious.  After some ice cream at Coldstone, we headed home to watch Sarah Palin on SNL. All in all, Aaron said it was a great birthday, but what else can he say?
 
Here we are, Aaron's girls (Haylee is behind the camera). Chloee's guilty green face is from the cake decorating markers she sucked on while making Dad's cake look pretty. 

4 comments:

jennywren said...

Looks like fun! Tell Aaron happy birthday from us. I love reading your blog so keep up the good posting!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Aaron!! Sounds like he had a very busy day...you are quite the slave driver...LOL!! I know this post was all about Aaron, but I have to say the picture of you is beautiful and Jolee is adorable. You should put her on magazine covers...I bet you could pay for her college education that way :)

Miles and Bex said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Sorry you had a lot of running around to do on your birthday....hahaha. We will rematch you any time you want in bowling. Winner!

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! The big 3-4! I am glad I still have 3 YEARS before I get there! Hah! You guys all look great!