Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Is that the Geico Gecko?


One of my favorite Hawaiian critters has to be the gecko. They are everywhere! Every morning, we would wake up to about 6 of them sunning themselves on the plants outside our shower room. We could shower while watching these guys hunt for bugs and scurry from limb to limb. Aaron had a ball chasing after them, trying to get a good shot. The one that he is holding was actually hiding under a garbage bag on the porch. Needless to say, he freaked me out a little when I lifted the bag up, but Aaron somehow captured him for a quick cuddle. 
 
Notice how Aaron has his phone in his ears? That's the only way to do business, talking on your phone while bonding with native Hawaiian animal life.

2 comments:

Fishin' Ponds said...

Those are some great pics. I've decided I'm done looking at your blog until you are done posting about Hawaii...I sink further into my snow induced depression when I look at them.

Anonymous said...

Lizzy would have loved that little guy...she's currently obsessed with the Geico Gecko and the "money guy". Maybe we need to make a trip to Hawaii!! Looks like everyone had a great time. I don't see how you travel with so many people. I would be a nervous wreck.