Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blog Worthy Bruise



Okay, so if you didn't catch it from the post before, yes we are expecting Swanson #6 in October. We are thrilled to be adding our final member of the Swanson clan, half a dozen seems about right. Now, don't call CPS on us just yet. I had to post these pics of Jolee so we could document a double black eye. Aaron said that out of all the times he has hit his head (and it's a lot) he has never blacked both eyes before. This whopper happened when mom and dad weren't home, and let's just say that NO ONE is allowed in our room and especially on our bed anymore!! Jolee hit her head on the corner of our night stand, right in the middle of her forehead. When we came home, she was asleep in Haylee's arms with a HUGE lump on her head. You know the Clingons from Star Trek? Yes, I had a clingon baby for a few weeks. Here are some pics of what it looked like 2 weeks later, still a football player in training. It has since been almost three weeks, and she still has bruising, but she is almost back to her beautiful self. Now, hopefully I won't get horrified stares at the grocery store!

Don't freak out Grandmas, she is okay. 

6 comments:

Bobbi Mason said...

Poor kid.........she's a trooper. That is one of the worst, if not worst I've ever seen.

munyer jerk chicken said...

oh my goodness... i keep waiting (really dreading!) for the day that ziya does something like this -- or even worse, that it's done TO her by two rambunctious big brothers.

and congrats on the newcoming baby! do you remember that ziya and jolee were born on the same day?? i hope the pregnancy is a good one for you!

jennywren said...

OWWWWWW!! That poor baby! We've had a couple of doosies at our house (not from jumping on the bed though, "flying" off the couch and hitting the fireplace or coffee table) but I think yours wins. Or looses.

CONGRATS on the upcoming baby!! Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys! October...what a wonderful month to be born. :)

Anonymous said...

Darcy Dell!! I can't believe you are having another baby...I am bowing down to your motherly abilities. You are a saint. Congratulations on your upcoming addition. :O)

I will admit I have never seen a bruise like that...it doesn't even look real! I can't imagine what it looked like when it was brand new. Did she get a concussion? Poor Jolee.

Dana said...

OH my heavens I have never seen such a honkin bruise. Poor girl. And congratulations on #6. I thought you said 5 was it for you guys. Was seeing brand new cousins just too much to handle? I am happy for you guys.

Smedley Family said...

congratulations! we are welcoming #4 in october too! you're much braver than i though ... 4 is my limit :D