Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Al-O-ha!

We're back! Sadly, our Hawaiian vacation is over and it's back to reality, but we had a lot of great adventures we wanted to share. We went to the big island this time around, and took Papa, Grandma, Uncle Matt, and Auntie, Uncle Rizz, Abbi, and baby Kenny with us. We stayed in a beautiful, big house with it's own pool and scenic ocean bluff view. Kona is a beautiful island with a huge variety of things to do. This post will be our snorkel post, one of Aaron's favorite things to do. He was able to take Haylee, Brady, and Jaron on a kayak/snorkel adventure to one of the island's best snorkel spots and got some great underwater shots. Enjoy.
 
Like father, like son.
  
Aaron was able to get some great shots of the huge variety of fish and coral life.
  These turtles were literally this close to Aaron. It would have freaked me out, but he loved it. We went to the Hilton's pools one day to swim and they have a man made cove where about half a dozen turtles were hanging out. Aaron said swimming with these guys was the highlight of his trip. I'll settle for looking at the pics. I know, I am a wimp.

5 comments:

Dana said...

wow!!! THat is just so close to the turtles. It makes me want to hop on a plane and get my butt to Hawaii

Fishin' Ponds said...

I so could have used a trip like that...and I would have loved hanging out with the turtles.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I can't remember the last vacation we took!!

I hear Redoubt is erupting...keep us lower 48'ers posted!!

Bobbi Mason said...

Watching the snow fall makes me miss the beach. =). I have tons of great pics of the kiddos. Can't wait to share. Great shots of the turtles. Too close for comfort for me.

Miles and Bex said...

It might be awile until I feel good enough to make the crepes but I don't want to starve your baby, so here is the recipe....
1 c. Flour
2 eggs
1/2 C. Milk
1/2 C. water
1/4 t. salt
1 T. butter

Mix all together, make crepes then add chicken, broccoli, and cheese. Top with cream of chicken soup and cook for 30 min at 350. I really wish I felt good enough to make food...sorry!