Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gotta post something

Since school has started and sports are in full swing, I have been finding it harder to make time to post. But, I know so many of you are loosing sleep at night as to what is going on with the Swanson clan, that I started feeling guilty about not putting something on here. Okay, maybe I am deluding myself concerning our "fan base", but I do need to update this thing. Lots has been happening with our family of course, but I haven't been able to post any pictures yet because I have been using a new camera I got for my birthday and I haven't taken the time to download any new pics from the new camera. It is a Nikon D80 I think, and I love it. Eric, you will have to give me some serious pointers on all this thing can do, but for now I can at least point and click.
Yes, I did mention that I had a birthday and since I do not have a blogging husband (he reads them, but does not post), I will have to do my own post about my birthday. I turned 32 on Saturday, and I am okay with that, I think. I had a great birthday weekend, with my family coming down to visit and a great float down the Upper Kenai River with my buddies. My sweet kids surprised me with a homemade birthday poster, balloons, and a yummy brownie cake when I got home. I am just glad I can still get through one box of candles for my cake (it had 36 candles in it). I will post pictures of the big day soon, I hope. Thanks to all who made my day special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Darcy Dell!! I still can't believe we're in our 30's. Sounds like you had a great day on the river...I'm sure it was beautiful. Enjoy your new camera :)

Fishin' Ponds said...

You are such a good sport, and an even better wife to give up some "penthouse suite" for a fishing float trip on the Upper Kenai! I must say...it was a lot of fun, and the brownie cake was absolutely DIVINE! :)

Alaska Massey said...

Happy birthday (really late). I'm glad you had fun. We hope Chloee feels better soon.

jennywren said...

Happy Birthday Cuz! Travis said he couldn't believe you were 32...he said he was pretty sure you should be older than him since you have more kids. Men, can't live with 'em...and yet we do. :) Hope you had an awesome birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!