Thursday, September 4, 2008

WALKING!!! Better late than never

The day we have all been waiting for has finally come. Our 16 month old, Jolee is finally walking!! She is so proud of herself. While she is not comfortable enough with setting off on her own yet, she is loving walking the length of the living room between Mom and Dad. We were so worried that we would have to take a non-walker to nursery in 2 months, but I think she will be on her own two legs by then. Jolee is such a joy in our family, almost always happy and content. She has found her voice though and is always jabbering about something (we think she picked up some Chinese watching the Olympics). I wasn't really in a hurry for Jolee to walk because they grow up so fast, but I am excited for her that she has accomplished a huge childhood milestone. Hooray for JoJo!!


7 comments:

Bobbi Mason said...

I don't think Jojo could look any happier. We'll have to have the girls race next time. They'll love it. =) Have a fun girls weekend!

Dana said...

What a little cutie!! I think that is the first time I have seen her face up close. She is a doll. Wow she seems so old to just be walking but I guess everyone has there own time table. Sweet girl

Tyler 2nd RS said...

16 months isn't so late to walk! She is so cute, and that smile is SO SWEET. I would just like to squeeze her cheeks!

jennywren said...

YAY!! It's fun when they start walking...fun and also much crazier! Look at all that cute hair! She's such a cutie-pie (says Abby & Bryson). :)

Miles and Bex said...

Go Jojo! That she can run away from Addi attacks!

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy! Quite the accomplishment for your little JoJo. She is a beautiful girl...I love the curls.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Darcy your littlest is so stinkin' cute! Your whole family is beautiful...no surprise there.

I saw your blog post on Ryan's facebook page. :o) Blast from the past time huh? ~Liz Garrity