Friday, April 18, 2008

What a day

It's around 8:00 am and I would be sleeping, but Chloee got me up to get her some "cereal in a bag". The kids are home because there is no school today, so they will be able to get their chores done and help me recover from the day I had yesterday...let me tell you about it.

I woke up at 6:15 to get Haylee and Brady ready for school; normally Aaron's job, but he is playing in a national men's league hockey tournament until Sunday. Thankfully, my neighbor and friend, Pepper, took them to school for me. Then I had to rush to get my workout in for the day. I have started a new 90 program called P90X, and boy is it tough. After an hour and a half of yoga (something my body is really not used to) I jumped in the shower and got Jaron, Chloee and Jolee ready for our crazy day.

Every year at the kids' school, the fourth grade class puts on a "Business Day" fundraiser for their class field trip to Seward. Well, Brady is a fourth grader this year and we were dealt the cake walk. I have been begging baked goods off of everyone in town for the last week, and thanks to Safeway in Kenai, we had plenty of cakes to use (even if they were three days old). After dropping the first load of cakes off to the school and Jaron to his class, I headed back to Safeway to get the second load of cakes, doughnuts, cookies, and cupcakes.

After three hours of collecting quarters, running the stereo, and drawing numbers, we gave all the cakes away and made a grand total of $186.04 for the class! Brady did a great job running his business and I survived the cake walk. Poor little Jolee just sat on the floor shredding napkins for half the time, but she loved watching all the action and being hauled around by all the kids. Jaron and Chloee had a great time spending their quarters at other booths, especially the Dino Jump.

The rest of the day was just as crazy with scouts, I had to make a bulletin board for Relief Society at the church, and finally getting my sugar-crashed kids to bed, but that's just another day in my life that I wouldn't trade for the world. We are having 2 big birthdays in our family on Monday, so hopefully I will not slack in my posting then. Off to do "Legs, back and Ab Ripper X", sounds scary I know.

2 comments:

Fishin' Ponds said...

You are crazy!! But boy...you look good. I can tell you've lost weight. Glad everything went well, and that it's over. If you need help on Monday...let me know!

9 of Us said...

Oh, you just made my day Pep! :) I still have a long way to go, so let's hope my motivation does not fade. I hate dieting, but not being able to fit in my skinny pants is worse!