Thursday, March 27, 2008

Marry me

I had a fun conversation with Jaron and Chloee this morning as they were eating breakfast. It went something like this:
Jaron: What grade will I be in when Chloee goes to school?
Mom: Second grade.
Jaron: And then I will go to third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade....(insert all grades here) and twelfth grade. And then what will I do?
Mom: Then you will go on a mission, then college and then find someone to marry.
Jaron: "MARRIED??!" Who will I marry?
Mom: A nice girl. Chloee, who would you like to marry?
Chloee: Mommy.
Jaron: You can't marry a girl!! I'll marry you, Chloee.
Mom: You can't marry your sister.
Jaron: I think I will be 27 when I get married.

Sadly, I know that time will come all too soon. That's why I need to enjoy them now (even when Chloee is throwing one of her now frequent fits). Motherhood...the toughest job you'll ever love. (Okay, so I stole that from the army, but it works).

4 comments:

Tyler 2nd RS said...

That cracks me up! And that day will come all too soon! It's sad how fast kids grow up!

Bobbi Mason said...

How cute is that! Love those kids!

Miles and Bex said...

I asked J tonight who he would marry and this time he said Taegan. You better watch your son with my daughter!!! They are super cute together!

Fishin' Ponds said...

That seriously is hilarious!! I can just imagine your face as you're listening to that conversation! They are too cute.

p.s. thanks for the notes on our blog...it means a ton that you and Becky are concerned and willing to do whatever is needed. You are the bestest!!