Friday, October 1, 2010

A Blessed Year

The week leading leading up to Maycee's birthday was quite a nostalgic time for Aaron and I. We kept thinking about were we were a year ago..."Oh, I think I'm having contractions 3 weeks early, oh well." "Hmmm, that lesson in relief society about learning to receive service was a good one. I need to be better about that." "I think I need to go to the hospital." "Yep, in labor and having this baby 3 weeks early, yay!" "A 7.9 pounder, she would have been huge at full term!" "I don't like the way she is breathing...she is really struggling." "Please let her be okay." "You are taking her to the NICU in Anchorage? On a plane??" "We need to get a blessing for her." "Please, Heavenly Father, let her be okay."

The next 16 days proved to be the most trying of our lives to this point. Aaron and I grew closer to each other and the Lord more quickly than ever before, but that is what trials do; they bring clarity to what matters most. We continue to be grateful for each day with have with all of our children and even more grateful that we have the knowledge that they are ours forever. We thank God every day that Maycee is a healthy, sweet, and happy 1 year old and cherish those simple moments that we used to take for granted.
Happy birthday Maycee Faith! We are so glad you are ours.

4 comments:

Fishin' Ponds said...

We are so glad to have Maycee around as well. Amazing how fast a year goes huh?

Miles and Bex said...

We love our Maycee. And about the comment you left on my blog....I don't think so. I will have fun watching you!

Unknown said...

This entry brought tears to my eyes. I too am so grateful that we have Maycee and that your family is a family forever through your temple blessings.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you have! Little Maycee is a doll! Thanks for sharing your blog! Oh, and happy late birthday.