Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ask and Ye Shall Recieve

What an amazing couple of days. First off, a tremendous thank you to the many many friends who have given us so much love, strength, and support. It is truly incredible to see how loved we are. I am now in Anchorage with Maycee and Aaron and am thrilled to be able to touch and talk to her. She is so beautiful and an amazingly strong little spirit. They call her the "giant" in the NICU because she is the biggest one at a whopping 7 lbs. 9 oz. I knew months ago that she was an extremely strong spirit because she was constantly kicking me. She is proving to be just as strong willed in the outside world too. She pushes away the nurses hands when they try to work on her and she is proving to be quite picky when choosing which ventilator she wants to be on.

As for her current condition (granted it can change within minutes), but she is on a ventilator which is breathing for her, allowing her lungs to become stronger. The other hurdle is that she is fighting some sort of infection that we hopefully will discover tomorrow when the blood cultures come back. She is already receiving 2 different antibiotics and the next 24-48 hours are very important. For now, her levels are good and we want them to stay that way.

The miracle of the day is this. Maycee received a healing blessing from her dad and our friend, Shayne, a few hours after she was born. She has been on temple prayer rolls, and many friends and family are fasting and for her. I felt strongly today that she needed another preisthood blessing, but didn't know how to get her one because only parents are allowed in the NICU. Aaron had also been thinking he wanted to give her another healing blessing. I was literally on my way out of the NICU to go pump for Maycee and I said to Aaron "We need to get Maycee another blessing." I turned around, walked three steps towards the door, when I saw the back of a young man dressed in a white shirt and black slacks. I immediately knew it was a missionary and sure enough, I saw his badge and there he was. He and his companion had been called in to give another baby a blessing and I almost shouted, "Elder! I need you!" Here was this young kid, and a huge smile came across his face and said he is companion was waiting in the foyer. Elder Oka is a missionary serving in the Spanish speaking mission here in Anchorage and he was thrilled to be able to help us. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows my needs and the desires of my heart. I simply asked, and the way was provided. I know that through our faith, Maycee will be okay, and ultimately she will be apart of our family forever. Please keep up your prayers, because they are heard and answered! We love you all.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I guess they allow missionaries in huh?? I cried and felt chills when I read this. What a special spirit this little girl is!!!

The Dorman Family said...

Your story gave me chills. When my sisters son was in the NICU up there and needed a blessing, there were missionaries waiting in the foyer when we came out also. But they werent quite sure why they were there at first, they just knew that they needed to be there. What an amazing experience! I am relieved for you that you have such wonderful support, and love from your family and friends, what a blessing.

Unknown said...

God bless your family, and God bless sweet little Maycee. You are all in our prayers and thoughts, and we can't wait to meet her ourselves.

~ Cindy (On behalf of your builder association family) XO

Smedley Family said...

Darcy!!! This is the day that Nash was born at Providence, and my friend Stacey in our ward works in the NICU. She came rushing to me in Labor Deliver after Nash was born because she saw missionaries walking in the Mother Baby. I wish I knew you were there the same time I was. They put me on the 4th floor, so I was away from everything in Mother Baby. Our prayers go out to you and your family! Im going to keep reading the rest of the posts to see how things went.

-Lisa