Wednesday, May 27, 2009

15 Years of Bliss

WARNING
THIS POST CONTAINS MUSHY, LOVEY DOVEY STUFF
I can hardly believe it's been 15 years since I married the love of my life, but 15 years, 5 & 1/2 kids, and 4 houses later, here we are...still happy and in love.  Mostly, this post is for Aaron and our children, so they can know how much I love each and every one of them. I think that the best gift parents can give their children is to show them how much they love their spouse, so here are some reasons why Aaron is not only the best husband ever, but why he truly is the love of my life. 
 He took me to the temple to seal our family together forever.
He wants me to enjoy the finer things in life. (like virgin strawberry daiquiris)

 He is his happiest when we are together, whether it be on a beach,
 enjoying a beautiful sunset,
 on a beach...(we really like the beach)
 smooching in a canyon,
 sweating through Zion National Park, reeling in spawned out pinks,

 smooching by the campfire, hanging out in Mexico, or helping me face my fears (I don't like open water).
Granted, life is not always smooth sailing. Aaron and I have had some disagreements at times, but ultimately, I have NEVER doubted his love for me. It is why he gets out of bed at the crack of dawn to face a very stressful job every day, why he wants me to be home to raise our children, and why his greatest desire to make me happy: because he loves me. I am so grateful to have him as my husband and best friend, it sounds cliche, but it so true. 
Oh yeah, I love that he has created 5, soon 6, gorgeous kids with me. Not only has he given them to me, but he helps me raise them. He is an AMAZING dad, and I don't know what I would do without him. 
LOVE YOU FOREVER BABE!! HAPPY 15 WITH MANY MORE TO COME!


3 comments:

Smedley Family said...

Congrats on the 15 years!!! Very exciting! I wanna come see your new house when it's done! We were at Bobbi's on memorial day and she was telling me all about it. Jason says he would TOTALLY live down in Soldotna on lake front property!! If we come and see it, I might not ever get him home :D

Do you know already what you are having? Can't wait to hear! Totally use the cake, it was fun!!!

Jen said...

Awww, this was SO sweet!!! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...you guys truly are a match made in heaven.