Monday, February 2, 2009

I am SUPERMOM!!

I don't normally make a point of bragging, especially about myself, my kids and hubby...yes, but not about myself. But after the day I had today, I have to toot my motherly horn. I took the kids into the local health clinic today to get caught up on their vaccinations. Our school district has passed a new policy that all students 6th grade to kindergarten must have the chicken pox vaccine starting next year. Since none of my kids have had the chicken pox, I decided it was time to take them all in (that's 5 shots). Little did I know that Jaron, Chloee, and Jolee all needed a flu booster (that's 3 shots). I decided to get Chloee's kindergarten shots out of the way since she will be going next year (3 more) and Jolee need her 2 year shots (3 more). If you are keeping track, that's 14!!! What was I thinking?? All in all, it went as well as it could. They all tried to be brave, except Jaron who is deathly afraid of needles. So far, we have no fevers, but very sore, little legs.
    
Here are the crazy, band-aid clad kids. I think my expression says it all.
  Here is my poor little Jolee. Every time she looked at her band-aids, she would relive the trauma.
 
 
The back story with Chloee is that the last time she needed a shot, she did so awesome and was so brave! Well, that was only one shot. This time, she went in with a smile, and came out crying. She tried so hard to be brave, but that darn DTP shot burns like crazy! Notice from the previous post how Chloee has modified her bangs! I still can't talk about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Darc...you are a supermom!! I would never attempt such a thing and I only have two children. Poor little Jolee...she looks pitiful. Hopefully there were no side effects from the shots. Also...I love that Chloee has become a stylist...her bangs are quite the fashion statement.