Wednesday, January 7, 2009

REALLY???

Okay, so here is the update of the day. Yes, Jolee was scheduled for surgery today. Well, yesterday, before we left for Anchorage, I was able to talk with the eye doctor. I told him that we have noticed that Jolee's eye has really improved over the last few weeks. You can see in the pic above how red her eye is. This was caused from all the tears that would irritate her skin. She has not had any redness for at least a month, and the tearing has been fairly minimal. After telling the doc this, he said to wait and continue to watch her eye!! WHAT?? I was really surprised at this because it has been my understanding from talking with our last doctor that this problem would not get better on its own. Apparently that is not necessarily true. So we are cautiously optimistic and have decided to wait and monitor how her eye progresses. I know this exciting blessing has come directly from the prayers, fasts and priesthood blessings that Jolee has received. Prayers really are answered, and even if Jolee ultimately needs the surgery, I know she will be safe and ultimately healed. I am just grateful that out of our five kids, this really has been the first medical issue we have faced and it is so minimal. We are truly blessed, but would appreciate any additional prayers for Jolee's tear duct to open on its own. Thank you all so much and we will keep you posted on her progress.

3 comments:

Dana said...

WHat a blessing and what a doll of a daughter you have!! She's just a cutie even with hair in her face. I hope it continues to get better!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Yay Yay!! So happy to hear you are getting a delay and potentially no surgery at all. Enjoy your weekend.

Miles and Bex said...

I am so glad you don't have to do the surgery!!! If you end up doing it I will totally take your kids. I owe you for taking Brayden! Thanks so much for helping me these past two weeks.