Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Fun

So for the last two Fourth of July weekends, the kids and I have been in Utah (without Aaron). Because Jaron's birthday is on the sixth, Aaron has missed his last two birthdays, so this year we decided to stay home and enjoy as much of our short Alaskan summer as we can. We have been wanting to take the four wheelers up north to the Palmer area to do some trail riding, so we made a long weekend out of it and had a blast. We were lucky enough to have Dave and his family, my sister and her family, and the Hansens come along.


We had so much fun four wheeling both in and out of the mud. I just need to say that my Haylee is quite the daredevil on the four wheeler. She didn't hesitate to dive in the first mud pit she saw. Brady on the other hand is more like his mother and tends to play things safe. And we all know what a wild man Jaron is. A few more years when he and his machine are bigger, I know he will be getting the muddiest of us all.


Speaking of Jaron, we celebrated his 7th birthday at Grandma and Grandpa's annual Fourth of July block party. It is always nice to see old friends and enjoy the yummy food everyone brings to share. Jaron wanted a Cold Stone cake, so I turned into a Sponge Bob cake which everyone enjoyed. He got a lot of great gifts, the best of which are some Incredible Hulk giant hands that make Hulk sounds when you box with them...so JJ.

We all made it back Sunday night relatively unscathed, except for a hornet sting that poor Jaron and Taegan got in Eagle River. (That's a story in itself).  We are so grateful to have the opportunity to make such fun memories with our kids. I grew up with wonderful memories of playing in the Alaskan midnight sun, and how awesome is it that I get to do the same with my own kids.  Take a look at my boys blazing through the water. Way to go guys.

3 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

Bring it! That is right I got up at 5:45 this morning and worked out. Can't let you guys win again. But proud of you guys for winning. You are looking awesome

Bobbi Mason said...

Love the pics!! Great job Becky. I want to get a Nixon camera so bad! I hope you all have a great time this weekend and plan on another adventure next year. =) Ahhh, the joys of motherhood.

Alaska Massey said...

You guys look like you are having a fun summer! I love the pictures. Sorry we missed out on the canoe trip this weekend. I'm sure you had a blast.