Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day everyone!! We had a great weekend with all the family in Eagle River. Originally, we planned for everyone to come down and go camping at Deep Creek, but Aaron's grandparents from California, who are in the eighties and nineties, would of had a tough time negotiating the rocky campground. We decided to go to Anchorage instead and it all worked out for the best because it rained almost the entire weekend, and rain is much more tolerable in a warm house rather than in a wet motorhome. The kids were so excited to see their cousins, especially Addie, Sydney, and Mac, who live in Germany for half of the year.

We had a great time hanging out with Great Grandma and Grandpa on Friday. The kids played Sorry, Jaron's version of Backgammon, count the coins, read stories to Grandma Jean, and all of the things that I don't have a lot of time to do with them. Saturday was full of food and fun at Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Ron's house. They put on quite the spread of grilled chicken, steak, deviled eggs, Grandma Pauline's rolls, and yummy rhubarb cake. We were hoping the kids could play in Uncle Rizz's new water skim board slide, but it was too cold and rainy. After opening all the Father's Day cards and gifts, we had a blast taking family photos (yeah, right) and watched the kids ride bikes on Grandpa's basketball court/hockey rink. If that wasn't fun enough, all the Swanson kids went to see Kung Phu Panda (mine for the second time) where they gorged again on popcorn, soda and candy. They all did really well in the movie, even Mac, and we loved listening to Addie's big belly roll laughter at all the funny parts in the movie. She was just as funny as the movie. We couldn't tear the kids away from each other, so Addie and Syd spent the night at Grandma Lynn's house with our kids. They all slept in till around 8:00 am, which is pretty good considering they were all so hopped up on sugar from the night before. After assembly-lining them through breakfast and baths, I did the girls' hair to be "twinners" and we said our goodbyes.

We will miss Great Grandma and Grandpa and hope they will be healthy enough to get here next summer. As for the rest of them, it's camping next weekend at Deep Creek...we hope.


As for the Father's day stuff, I just want to say how lucky I was to be given such a wonderful Dad. He taught me so much growing up, from homework, to gutting fish, he was and is always there to support me in whatever I do. Some of my fondest memories are sitting around the breakfast table before school, eating the pancakes he had made Bobbi and I while he tried to put pigtails in our hair. What an awesome man I have for a dad!!

Then there is my sweet husband. I literally could not have chosen a better man to have children with. He is the MOST PATIENT, LOVING, AND FUN dad I know. He always makes time to play with and show love to our children, even when it's hard to. He is their hero, and mine too. I love you always, Aaron!!

Enjoy the pics from the weekend, and Happy Father's Day!!


My sweet hubby with his kiddos...and mug we made him.


All but 2 of the Swanson great grandchildren.The Swanson clan.The Souter side of the family. Gotta love Jaron's happy face here. He was obviously done with pictures at this point.

The Swanson girls...Gotta love the bows in their hair...I only wish Haylee would still let me put some in her hair! :)

4 comments:

Bobbi Mason said...

How cute is that Jojo!! Chloee looks like she is in big girl heaven with Addi and Syd. Excited for this weekend! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. Please tell "Buddy Bob" happy Father's Day for me.

Fishin' Ponds said...

Man...looks like the kids had a blast! It's always fun to hang out with cousins. Loved the pics...Jaron seriously cracks me up!

Tyler 2nd RS said...

Looks like fun!! I guess that is Haylee in those pictures, she looks so grown up I didn't recognize her! She's a teenager! Ahhh!